What is Live-in Care?
A long-term arrangement can be accessed on a very flexible basis from one day through to indefinitely. Some people use live-in care on a permanent basis; some will use it on an ad hoc basis either to provide temporary help while they recover from an illness or to provide respite for a family carer.
Some of our live-in care tasks
- All-round friendly companionship (reading the newspaper, playing games).
- Support with outings (grocery shopping, hospital appointments, walks).
- Help around the house (laundry, vacuuming, dusting).
- Home-based activities (cooking and baking, gardening).
- Support at social events (clubs or church services).
- Personal hygiene (assistance with getting washed and dressed).
- Health (support with medications).
- Personal administration (help with forms, letters and paying bills)